"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Habitat for wildlife

My mom in-law bought me this bird feeder for my birthday (I was spoiled) and I love it! My husband attached a long branch on a big tree in front of our living room window. It's important to create a garden where birds, butterflies, bees, ladybugs, and beneficial insects can live. Today is Earth Day, a time to appreciate the environment and contemplate about the beauty of our surroundings. Right now we have a foot of lovely snow outside, it looks like winter wonderland. The tall trees are covered with fluffy snow and deers are foraging for food! For the last 2 months I've been living here, we constantly see deers through our dining room window, usually about 4 to 6 of them! Squirrels are regular visitors and they certainly love the new bird feeder.
The problem are squirrels taking over and leaving no seeds for the wildbirds therefore we have to create a separate feeder for them. Hubby said we're going to make a birdhouse first then the peanuts feeder for the hungry squirrels.  


A deer peeking through the bushes. Deers get fed pretty well too since I cook so much we have plenty of left overs for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla