"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trip to the Flower Fields






 

One of the highlights of getting away was my first time tour to the spectacular Flower Fields in Carlsbad. They're open only from March to May and we got to visit 3 days before they closed! The Flower Fields is a gardener's dream, 50 acres on a hill overlooking the ocean. The fragrance of flowers lingered in the air, flower petals shimmered in the sun making me smile. I was in awe as we basked in the beauty of vibrant colors, a haven of God's intricate and delicate creations. Above were some photos we took, there was so much to explore. I admired a vast variety of flowers but the roses, poppies, and sweet pea maze was my favorite. Of course I didn't leave without stopping by their garden nursery, I took home Daylily and Creeping Jenny ground covers. I'm getting busier in my mountain garden!     




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla