"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vigorous Healthy Seedlings!

My grow light setup upstairs in the art studio loft. Indoor gardening is great because we have a short growing season. Roma and Cherry tomatoes are growing huge but I'm waiting for evenings to warm up some more. I've been hardening tomatoes, jalapenos, lettuce, parsley, cilantro, and leek outdoors that are soon going to be transplanted into raised beds. I must be patient before transplanting, oh I need more patience! 

Organic tomato I sowed from seed in March, it got sooo big! I'm running out of room under the fluorescent light. Fertilizing and spraying weekly with liquid seaweed kept my seedlings growing strong! According to my research kelp contains abundant trace minerals, vitamins, and micronutrients beneficial for plants.
My obsession with seeds is obvious, here's a collection of veggies and flowers. I have a garden calendar journal to keep track of it all, I gotta be organized! 

A few seed packets. I recently sowed a variety of Organic Lettuce, Cabbage, Chives, Sunflowers, Carnations, and more Sweet Peas. Once again I'm waiting! 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla