"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I ♥ Butterflies and Birds!

I couldn't take a good photograph of a butterfly that landed on my Violas, it flew away before I was able to get a decent picture. However, this adorable one stayed on my Primrose, looks tucked in the center of the flower, such a pretty butterfly!   

On my raised beds, there were baby butterflies that found Marigolds by my Tomatoes irresistible and one rested here long enough.  

Wildbirds are all over chirping away while I work in my garden, they feast on our bird feeder suspended from the tree. The reason my husband tied the feeder way high up there is to keep squirrels from munching the goodies.

Although we have a separate feeder for the spoiled squirrels, these fuzzy monsters still try to steal from the birds...Oh they constantly have their eyes on the bird feeder but afraid to jump, instead they eat seeds that has fallen on the ground. Squirrels are quite entertaining... 

A cute sign I recently bought at a local gift shop, hanging on a shepherd's hook in my garden. Birds are always welcome here, I love caring for God's wonderful creatures. In the woods we feed everything, our left over meals never go to waste!

Here are some Violas, hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

5 comments:

  1. You really do have a very beautifully designed blog and wonderful garden. Loving nature is the way to go. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures ! We have some squirrel thugs stealing our bird's food, even high up they are acrobatic thieves. Very entertaining to watch , love your new sign, thanks ! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Autumn and Gina for the sweet comments. Autumn, I love your butterfly photos & garden. By the way Gina, regarding so many pots you have, it might be a perfect excuse to buy more plants for your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden and beautiful blog! Nice work! Your butterflies are amazing!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet comment Garden Girl, I've seen many butterflies in my garden but they flew away so fast before I could take a picture!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla