Sweet Strawberry basket hanging in my garden
Fresh picked, ready and ripe for salad dressing!
Green salad with strawberries on a perfect warm sunny afternoon
♥ Recipe of the Day: Green Salad with Strawberry Ginger Vinaigrette
• Prepare a simple salad
(Serves 2) Adjust amount according to how much greens you desire. Use organic whenever possible!
- Baby spinach about 2 cups
- Romaine lettuce about 2 cups
- 1/2 of small sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Rinse spinach and romaine lettuce. Toss all ingredients together in a salad bowl. Serve with Strawberry Ginger Vinaigrette, top with slivered almonds. Salad dressing recipe below!
I quickly made up this low fat dressing. I thought white wine vinegar was a bit milder than red but feel free to use what you like. Make sure to mix well before serving.
- Fresh strawberries about 1 cup when chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder, optional for extra flavor
- Orange juice, 1/2 of small orange freshly squeezed
- 2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar, adjust flavor to taste
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 tsp dried parsley
- Dash sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Chop fresh strawberries and ginger yourself or use a food processor, whatever is easiest.
2. Mash strawberries to get more flavor, combine all ingredients in a salad dressing bottle or medium bowl. Mix thoroughly then enjoy with green salad. Great light, healthy meal anytime of the day!