"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What to do with Fresh Rosemary: Side Dish Recipe

♥ Pan-fried Rosemary Potatoes 

Not too long ago my husband and I prepared BBQ herbed chicken, grilled zucchini, corn with peas, my own recipe spinach pasta salad and Rosemary infused potatoes. We had the best dinner, hubby loved the potatoes which only took about 15 minutes to make! I'm all about efficient cooking...I don't have much patience. It's great picking Rosemary fresh from my garden, oh what a wonderful scent :)  

Rosemary from the garden  

Ingredients:
(Serves 2) Use organic whenever possible! 
  • 2 Medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced 
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • 1-2 tbsp fresh Rosemary 
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter 
  • 1/4 tsp dried parsley 
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste 
Directions: 
1. Sauté fresh minced garlic in a skillet pan with olive oil until light brown over low heat. Slice Red Potatoes and toss in the pan with butter. 
2. Add dried parsley, onion powder, dash of salt, fresh ground Black Pepper, and fresh Rosemary on the pan and cook potatoes until tender over medium heat. This easy side dish can be served with anything you wish. Bon Appetit!     

9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious ! Will definitely try this, thanks ! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plate of food looks so yummy. My kind of meal! I will have to try your potatoes. I love my rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meredehuit, Gina, and Gloria. Rosemary is delicious with chicken but I also love it with potatoes, easy and quick to make! More recipes to post so stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rosemary with potatoes, too, and this recipe looks awesome! You got the potatoes so pretty and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those potatoes look delicious! I usually make rosemary potatoes in the oven, but I'll have to try your recipe. I use rosemary in rice, too - along with oregano and thyme. It might be my favorite herb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ginny. We had whole wheat turkey burger on the grill with onions and a special sauce that I made yesterday. I served the burgers with Rosemary potatoes. My husband loves it and wants me to make it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yum. Gonna have to make those potatoes! I see you've got a lot of great recipes in your blog -- keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Meredith, the potatoes are great and best of all, easy. I have more yummy recipes to come. I already started taking photos!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla