Fresh Rosemary, Basil, and Garlic Vinegar
I love herbs, wait no...I'm passionate about herbs! I grow many in my small garden and running out of space. The scent is therapeutic and I use them abundantly for cooking and garnishing. Lately I've been making salad dressing because lettuce is thriving in the garden. Herbal vinegar is simple to put together and can be used for marinades or dressing. You can infuse vinegar with any herbs you enjoy and even add spices. I prepared vinegar with a little black pepper for marinating poultry. If I mix the vinegar with Olive oil, we can have salad dressing in no time! Here's my quick recipe below but feel free to add ingredients you prefer.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar (choose your favorite such as red wine or apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 cup distilled vinegar 5% acidity
- 2-3 springs fresh Rosemary
- 1/3 cup fresh Spicy Basil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- Dash of fresh ground Black Pepper