"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Belated Halloween!

Ok so I'm late posting this, (caught up with the drama of deer eating my garden) I forgot but here we have our Jack O' Lanterns. Mine is on the left and hubby's on the right. I wanted my Jack O' Lantern to be silly. I found an image online for ideas but changed the eyes and nose. It was quite a bit of work to carve and we took our time with it, my sweet husband helped. Belated Happy Halloween! How was yours?   

Bryan and I carving away. We just began the tradition of eating my homemade Pumpkin Pie while we created our masterpieces. I love this new tradition... 

We're beginning to notice changes of the season and I appreciate the beauty. This is a tree (not sure of the name) across from our cabin. It's the first time I've seen Autumn and fallen leaves in Idyllwild. There are tons of local trees around town with leaves that has turned gold, orange, and red. The weather is getting chilly, cozy fireplace is on each night, snow will soon arrive, and time to snuggle with hot chocolate!    

   


8 comments:

  1. I love your pumpkins! Great job! And I know it IS a lot of work. My daughter and I worked very hard on carving faces of our 2 dogs in our Halloween pumpkins. Not sure I'll try it again, as it was SO time consuming--but it's definitely fun to try something new and different! It's never to late to add a post about something...a week after or a year after. If no one else has seen it, it's going to be interesting whenever you post;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan, I appreciate it! You're right, it's not too late :) Yes carving pumpkins are definitely time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins are wonderful! I love to see how everyone carve their pumpkins. Autumn is really a time for mother nature's beauty to be enjoyed while it lasts. Wishing you a very good autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce, thanks for the comment. Carving pumpkins was fun! Have a wonderful Autumn too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pumpkins (put mine to shame lol); they look like they have unique personalities. Hope you had a fab Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Blossom. My "what big teeth you have Grandma". LOL! Your Jack O'Lanterns are so cute.You both did a great job carving them. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priscilla please excuse this old lady for calling you Blossom. As soon as I hit the post button I called myself an idiot. LOL! Too late to take back the title for your name. Senility is a bummer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its a lovely tradition you've created. Carving is fun, but eating the homemade pumpkin pie is the best part!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla