"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter art

It has been a while and I miss blogging. I'm busy with things to do at home and my new job, I know you all can relate! Here are photos that my husband took several weeks ago after we had snow. I call the pictures 'winter art' for the simple beauty of the season. 
     
 Icicles on the roof in our back patio.

This cabin is our home, all covered in fluffy snow. We haven't had much snow lately and it looks like we're going to have less than last year. I miss my garden and I look forward to gardening again. We're going to rebuild my garden where it could get more sun so that's an exciting project. I'm going to purchase my vegetable seeds to start early under the grow light indoor. We have a short-growing season therefore I need to begin planning. I'm definitely growing tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans and lettuce. How's your weather and what are you planning to plant for the spring? 

10 comments:

  1. Cold, snowy and windy! And it makes me eager for spring too.

    I am getting ready to do an inventory of my seeds, thanks to you I have some nice lettuce to get me started! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priscilla,
    I am also trying to make the most out of the off-season by enjoying 'winter art' in both the birds and the icy shows that nature puts on for me;-) I haven't been thinking about actually 'planting' seeds too much...but sure have been enjoying catalogues! The magazine and other photos are enough to warm the soul during these cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priscilla, what loveley photos. Love the icicles and the last photo of your home with the sun in the background is really beautiful. Hope the job is going well and happy 2011! All the best, Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait for spring!! I plant mostly flowers but will also be growing veggies this summer. I'm excited to see how many of the bare root plants that I planted last fall will come up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priscilla, guess as much you are busy with your new job! It must be really cold over there! Our weather here at the moment has been kinda crazy, extremely hot in the morning and heavy rain in the evenings! I'm planning to grow more herbs this year. Can't wait to see your new garden. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Priscilla,
    Lovely picture of the sun hitting your cabin. Your icicles remind me of my childhood in Wisconsin.

    Weather is warm here, and I am planning for my summer garden. I am still harvesting lettuces, beets, kale, swiss chard and onions. A few shallots and lots of cilantro.

    I can't wait to see your plans for you summer garden. I need to re-work my herb garden (again) this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it wasn't for such beauty and warm cozy fires what would be the point of Winter? Looking forward to Spring maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Priscilla,
    I know you must be busy, just dropping in to let you know that I have an award for you. Please do drop by to pick it up when you can, no hurry, take your time! ^..^ Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Priscilla! You're so close to me, but your micro-climate is SO DIFFERENT. Hard to imagine that you're within a couple hours' drive from me.

    The pictures of the icicles are beautiful.

    We have a lot of lettuce and onions in the ground right now. Later, we'll probably throw in some zucchini and yellow squash. Maybe start some tomatos and eggplants. :-)

    Hope it warms up soon for you!

    [K]

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful winter art! we just got some back at my country, but here nothing, not even snow

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla