"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm back, I miss you!

I know, I know… I've been gone for a long time but that doesn't mean I stopped thinking about writing. We've been very busy since we moved to Idaho – I keep saying I'll get around to blogging and catching up on reading my favorite blogs but you know how it is, just not enough time in a day. 

By the way, my husband and I might be moving again in the spring when our one year lease is over. We simply need a bigger house to rent, the closet is enough for one person (we store our linens there too), I long for more kitchen counter space because I love to cook and I REALLY need a dishwasher. Oh I'm so looking forward to packing up the boxes again, NOT!  

All I have in my garden are some herbs that are sheltered from possible rain or snow in the backyard patio. It's chilly in Boise, tonight is 25 degrees but our first winter seems to be mild from what I heard – warmer than usual. I'm not quite sure I'll be doing a vegetable garden this year since we're thinking about moving… but something inside of me want to get the seeds started. However, I don't want to go through the stress of moving tons of seedlings again like we did before from California to here. I'll keep you updated. 

What did you do for Christmas 2011? We spent 10 days in Southern California with our family and hung out with friends. It took two days of driving to our destination and back. It was exhausting. Hubby and I got sick on the way home. I had the worst sinus flu and traveling sucks when you're feeling miserable. Christmas was fantastic and it has been 7 months since we've seen our family. We had a quiet but lovely New Year in Idaho. I didn't get to say this but I wish you all the best in 2012!  

 With my dad, sisters Olivia and Cecilia and my 1-year-old nephew Colin.

          With my 7-year-old niece Kaitlyn

The goodies I baked from scratch, 20 loaves of chocolate banana nut bread and a little over 10 dozen cookies wrapped up in cute packaging. They were Christmas presents to everyone!

Our first fresh Christmas tree. We decorated our home before visiting family. We came back and the tree was in great shape, it lasted until the second week of January.    

How was your holidays? Are you getting ready to garden this year? I'd love to hear from you and have a wonderful week!   

4 comments:

  1. Yeaaaa. Two more days to our anniversary. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you back, and I hope that your move goes smoothly!
    such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet compliment Rosey! I'll try to keep up with writing. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Priscilla,
    Happy New Year to you too! All the goodies that you baked looks wonderful! I can relate why you want a larger kitchen, I would too! All the best in your plans of moving to a bigger place! Hope to see you back in gardening soon! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla