"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our new baby girl

I haven't disappeared from the blogosphere. I'm here… just crazy busy since our precious bundle of joy was born on December 7th. Meet our little one, Alyssa Lauren. I had a C-section, not by choice but because her head was transverse, meaning it was sideways and with no room for her to move. So I went through 12 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing only to end up having major surgery. Recovery sucks but seeing her beautiful face was worth all the immense pain. My doctor said it was impossible to deliver the baby vaginally. Furthermore, her head was too big for me. She was 8 lbs, 2 ounces and 20.5 inches in length. Healthy baby with a lot of hair.      

Baby's first bath the first week at home. Aww cute little fingers and toes!

Alyssa is growing and looking at her makes me happy.

Babies are a lot of work and it's hard work. Days and nights are mixed up as we try to function in our sleep deprived state. Other mamas out there, you can relate to the unpredictable schedule. Caring for a child is time consuming, demanding and filled with challenges but I love being a mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world and she changed my life forever. Oh how much I love her! She's the most amazing blessing from God.   

Alyssa is sleeping longer through the night, 5 to 6 hours which means more rest for hubby and I. She's becoming aware of her surroundings, more interactive with adorable smiles and laughter. She's now 2 months and 10 days old. Time is certainly going by fast.  

Our Little Love Bug on Valentine's Day. How was your V-Day?

This is what my garden looked like about a month ago. We're planning to move again, this time we're buying a house. I'm not sure if I'll have a garden this year. I moved my garden twice. Transporting all the veggies and plants was NOT fun. If I do anything this spring, I will take it easy. I might work on one raised bed and a few containers of vegetables. However, I'm going to buy starter plants. We currently have no room to grow from seeds and my light set up in the garage is a mess. Baby Alyssa is keeping us very occupied but stay tuned, I'll keep everyone posted!     




5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sweet little daughter Alyssa. She is so adorable. I love her wonderful head of hair. What a bundle of joy for you and your husband.

    Hope you find the right house just for you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FlowerLady Lorraine. I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Priscilla,
    Baby Alyssa is so adorable! Congratulations to you and your hubby! Taking care of baby is definitely 100% of your time! That I can relate!
    Go easy with the packing, you need to take care of your C-section wound. I had C-section for both my kids, the first one was because my daughter is in a breech position. The second one, due to my high fever during labour pain, my son's heartbeat was going really fast and dangerous for both baby and mother, it was an emergency surgery for me, everything was rushed. Thank God, his heartbeat gets back to normal after birth. What we women gone thru!
    But then the pain are farthest from our mind when we hold our baby in our arms!
    A hug and a kiss for Alyssa!
    Take care, Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby. Never too young to start them gardening. She will be growing like a weed this summer, no make that a wondrous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely baby girl she is! Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla