"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Monday, July 21, 2014

Sweet pea in my garden: Flowers for Mom

I planted sweet peas for my mother-in-law Myrna because they are her favorite flowers. Now I know why, they have a nice fragrance and lovely delicate petals. I grew the annual sweet peas (Lathyrus odoratus), Color Palette Cupid and they took a while to bloom but worth the wait. How beautiful are the flowers just like mom. She's kind, thoughtful and a good listener. I look up to her because she's also my friend.    

I miss mom. She lives in California, 906 miles away! If only she was closer then I can give her a pretty container of sweet peas. We would love for Mimi (Grandma) and Papa to move here. Our baby Alyssa can always spend time with them. How wonderful it could be to have family near.

So delightful to look at, they make me smile. They're still in bloom but some of the flowers are fading away. I'm glad sweet peas did well because a couple of years ago I wasn't successful with them. I'm planting more next year for cutting and displaying in a vase for our home. 

Here we have another variety of sweet peas, Explorer Mix. It's knee-high and I like the deep colors. They're in a larger container and they look great among the weeds. It's embarrassing but our backyard is covered in weeds so it's time to clean up the mess! Renee's Garden have a wide selection of sweet peas in case you're wondering where I ordered the seeds. There are many to choose from, I really want to try them all! :) I look forward to growing sweet peas again and they're perfect for my cottage garden dream.             

1 comment:

  1. Hi Priscilla,
    The sweet pea are simply beautiful. I love the sweet beautiful colours and wish I could smell their lovely fragrance!
    It's great to know that you have success with your bread, homemade bread are the best. How are you now? Hope you have fully recovered and back to eating all the stuffs that you have been missing. Take care, and looking forward to your bread post! :)
    http://mypottedgarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla