"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blooming today

Hibiscus are blooming on the side yard of our home. There were more flowers several weeks ago but I didn't get a chance to take photos. We bought our first house in December. When we moved here I had no idea what the plants were. There are still dead branches from last winter that I haven't cleaned up yet and I should prune them! I get very busy but my garden needs attention.      

Take a closer look. Enjoy the beauty of the flower with large, vibrant and deep red petals. 

I think they're called 'Ruby Red' but I'm not completely sure. My husband checked Google images and I did a little research. Perhaps you can help me identify them. I love the tropical look so we put solar tiki torches nearby at the edge of the pathway that leads to our front door.    

In the backyard we have a large shrub against the fence. I also had to look it up and I learned this is called 'Red Heart' (Rose of Sharon). What a pleasant surprise discovering new plants. I'm glad the flowers are still blooming.
          
"I will meander and marvel at the flowers." -Deborah Anne Hancock

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hibiscus! I have never seen this one. the color is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priscilla,
    Those hibiscus are gorgeous! Hibiscus is our national flower in Malaysia, and we have just celebrated our National Day on 31st August.
    I have not seen this variety of hibiscus before, it has very clear lines on its petals, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla