"Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home for there the heart can rest." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Growing and loving sunflowers

Every year I plant sunflowers (Helianthus annuus)Although it's sad that my vegetable garden is a crazy mess, sunflowers have a way to cheer me up. I don't have other nice flowers to look at and due to financial circumstances, we're unable to purchase new plants. Hopefully next year we can work on my cottage-style garden, the potager I've been longing to have. I cut a few sunflowers for our home, doing that was pleasant and peaceful. I'm sharing the beauty of my vase arrangement with you. 

Sunflowers are very easy to grow from seeds and they're beneficial for bees, birds and other good bugs.

I planted Russian Mammoth, Evening Sun and Goldy honey Bear. They're all lovely.

Look at the sunflower bud and examine the details. We're surrounded with the miracle of God's creations everyday and I'm in awe.

They seem like they're reaching for the sky. Sunflowers are also radiant like the golden sun.

I could see why this adorable variety is called 'Goldy Honey Bear' since it's fuzzy like a cuddly teddy bear. I kind of want to hug the sunflower! :-)

 Long-blooming and perfect for a vase to brighten up a room.
  
 Sunflowers are wonderful and I'll always have a place for them in my garden.    

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. 
It's what sunflowers do." -Helen Keller


6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Next year I must grow some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, as it can be rather windy where I live I stuck to the dwarf sunflowers this year, They are a definite for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing! Your sunflowers are really stunning! I really love sunflower. I often sow sunflower seeds, but I often fail to grow it too. Yours make me so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla, they are so beautiful! This really made my day. My flower gardens are so dry and not very many flowers to speak of. I will just need to come by more often to see yours.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priscilla,
    Wow, your sunflowers are simply stunning! Gorgeous!
    You have so many varieties growing, I'm impressed! I can see how they can cheer and brightens up a day!
    Thank you for sharing the lovely photos! Wish I could walk into my home, with a bunch of beautiful sunflowers brightening up the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sunflowers. SF's always make me feel happy.

    Great photos.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments and thank you for taking the time. Have a wonderful day! :-)

♥ Priscilla